Tuesday

Dad: Winding Down and Letting Go

Gone 11 months yesterday. Today is your birthday. You would have been 81. You never needed caregivers. You thought for yourself. You made your own decisions. You were never a burden to anyone at anytime. I have not posted here because life goes on and this page seemed to become my shrine to you. I want to start focusing on your life instead of your death. The last time I saw you, you said "I need to go back and visit Wilson one more time." That's how I know where I need to lay you to rest. This Fall I will drive back to NY and scatter your ashes at Sunset Island in Wilson...the place of our most happy young family memories. For anyone who might still be looking at your Facebook page, I will be closing it on August 1st.
Happy Birthday Dad. I miss you.


No comments: